2193 Frank Road, Columbus, Ohio 43223 Phone: 279-9411
Hours: Monday through Friday - 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (*Except Holidays)
Franklin Township is located in the southwestern portion of Franklin County, Ohio.
Boundaries are 270 on the West & South, Trabue Rd. on the North, & Harmon Avenue on the East.
Township Population: 9,651 Sq. Miles: 8.18
Welcome to the new Franklin Township Web Page. Use the menu buttons at the left to access the township departments and informational pages. This page will be updated with the most recent new announcements and article release notes, so visit often.
(Many of the brochures and articles on this web site require a PDF reader. To get the latest free Adobe Reader Click Here.)
The Franklin Township Regular Business Meeting is normally held twice a month on Thursday’s starting at 6:30 P.M. View the events calendar to see specific dates for these meetings, and any scheduled special meetings. To see the most current available agenda click on this link.
Sanitary Sewer Updates: Click Here to view updates page.
Recent Announcements & Releases:
· Water Grant for Mon-E-Bak Area: Your Franklin Township Trustees are applying for a grant to install water in the Mon-E-Bak area. If we are awarded this grant, it will not only bring 23 fire hydrants to your area, but it will also assure clean water for your homes. We are hosting an important public information meeting on September 4, 2014. The meeting will be held at the Church of Triumphant, located at 1001 Vera Place. This address runs east off of El Paso. There is ample parking and the Church is handicap accessible. The meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 P.M. We need to be out of the Church by 8:30 P.M. Please plan to attend and bring as many of your neighbors as you can. Our goal through this meeting is to provide as much information as we can to the residents in that area.
· Mosquito Spray Completed: Franklin County Public Health completed the scheduled spray for mosquitoes in the Franklin Township South area on Tuesday August 19th. Click on the link below to view a map of the areas that were sprayed.
· Tire Drive: Franklin Township had a tire collection drive on July 26th for the residents in the Township. We anticipate having another tire drive towards the end of October with more information to be provided soon on this website and in our October edition of the Newsletter. This drive is in partnership with Franklin County Public Health and SWACO.
· Mosquito Season: Mosquito season is in full swing. Franklin County Public Health will be setting traps and testing mosquitoes for West Nile Virus throughout the mosquito season. For more information on controlling mosquitoes please click on the links below.
· Gypsy Moth Aerial Treatments: Aerial gypsy moth mating disruption treatments will begin very soon in our area, tentatively starting mid-June. This is subject to changing weather conditions. A pre-recorded message is available by calling 614-387-0907 or 1-800-282-1955 ext. 37, after 5:00 P.M. each day that will update you where we are planning to spray. Treatments will occur between 7:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Signs will be posted around the treatment areas by 5:00 P.M. the day prior to treatment. State employees will be in the treatment blocks during the treatments. Local police, sheriff and state highway patrol will be notified again by phone prior to the start of the treatments. Maps of the treatment areas and chemical labels are available on the website at http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/plant/gypsy/gypsy-index.aspx. News releases will be sent out to all local news media outlets.
· The Central Ohio Breathing Association and the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP): Summer Crisis Program, providing electric bill assistance and air conditioning units for elderly households and customers with qualifying incomes and medical conditions. Call (614) 457-2997 for an appointment.
· Life Care Alliance: Free fan program for households with immediate family members with chronic health conditions. For more information, call (614) 437-2803. New box fans also can be donated for the program at any City of Columbus Fire Station.
· Franklin County Senior Options: Free fan program for current clients ages 60 years or older without a working air conditioner. (Clients who receive a fan in the last two years are ineligible.) For more information, call (614) 525-6200.
· Heat Safety: Use the following link to view information from Franklin County Public Health on heat safety.
· Franklin County Zoning Resolution – Section 531: Section 531 provides the requirements/ restrictions for Off-Street Parking, Loading, and Access Drives as set forth by the Franklin County Planning Commission. A complete PDF copy of Section 531 of the Franklin County Zoning Resolution is provided using the link below. Please direct any questions about Section 531, or the Franklin County Zoning Resolution, to
Paul B. Eberts; Franklin County Zoning Officer; (614) 525-5627
· Support the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio: Go to the Bulletin Board to read this article.
· Juanita Kaufman Award Nomination Form: Click the link below to access a PDF version of the nomination form. You can print the form, and then send the completed nomination form to the Franklin Township Business Office. Use the form below to make nominations for the 2015 award.
· Stay Alive! Don’t TXT & Drive: On August 31, 2012 it became law in Ohio that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to use any mobile communications device while driving. Texting and using mobile communications devices have become a deadly epidemic of distracted driving that is leading to deadly, preventable accidents. Use the links below for more important information.
· Updates on Building Plans for Southwestern City Schools: For full details and the latest information on the OSFC Project for Southwestern City Schools please visit their web site using the link below.
· Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District: The Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District has provided the township helpful tips and information on upcoming events. Go to the Road Department page to access the link to the information.
· Lighting District Process: See the Bulletin Board for information and forms required to petition for street lighting.
· NOTICE Trash Pickup: Local Waste picks up trash in Franklin Township on Fridays except for weeks that contain a national holiday. On weeks when there is a national holiday the trash will then be picked up on Saturday for that week only.
Links to Additional Informational Web Pages