2193 Frank Road, Columbus, Ohio 43223 Phone: 279-9411
Hours: Monday through Friday - 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (*Except Holidays)
Franklin Township is located in the southwestern portion of Franklin County, Ohio.
Boundaries are 270 on the West & South, Trabue Rd. on the North, & Harmon Avenue on the East.
Township Population: 9,651 Sq. Miles: 8.18
Welcome to the new Franklin Township Web Page. Use the menu buttons at the left to access the township departments and informational pages. This page will be updated with the most recent new announcements and article release notes, so visit often.
(Many of the brochures and articles on this web site require a PDF reader. To get the latest free Adobe Reader Click Here.)
The Franklin Township Regular Business Meeting is normally held twice a month on Thursday’s starting at 6:30 P.M. View the events calendar to see specific dates for these meetings, and any scheduled special meetings. To see the most current available agenda click on this link.
Sanitary Sewer Updates: Click Here to view updates page.
Recent Announcements & Releases:
· Fall Back! Don’t forget to move your clocks back one hour this Sunday, November 3, 2013. The State Fire Marshall also encourages you to change the batteries in your smoke alarms at the same time. Click the link below to view the entire press release from the State Fire Marshall.
· Leaf Pickup: See “Road Department” page for information on this year’s leaf collection schedule and information.
· Support the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio: Go to the Bulletin Board to read this article.
· Juanita Kaufman Award Nomination Form: Click the link below to access a PDF version of the nomination form. You can print the form, and then send the completed nomination form to the Franklin Township Business Office. Use the form below to make nominations for the 2014 award.
· Smoke Detector Initiative Program: The Franklin Township Firefighters have initiated a new program to perform fire inspections and installation of smoke detectors in your home at no cost to Franklin Township residents. Click the link below for more information.
· 2013 Child Immunization Schedule: Franklin County Public Health has released the 2013 Child Immunization Schedule. Appointments are required. Click on the link below to view the schedule and locations.
· Stay Alive! Don’t TXT & Drive: On August 31, 2012 it became law in Ohio that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to use any mobile communications device while driving. Texting and using mobile communications devices have become a deadly epidemic of distracted driving that is leading to deadly, preventable accidents. Use the links below for more important information.
· Updates on Building Plans for Southwestern City Schools: For full details and the latest information on the OSFC Project for Southwestern City Schools please visit their web site using the link below.
· Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District: The Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District has provided the township helpful tips and information on upcoming events. Go to the Road Department page to access the link to the information.
· Lighting District Process: See the Bulletin Board for information and forms required to petition for street lighting.
· NOTICE Trash Pickup: Local Waste picks up trash in Franklin Township on Fridays except for weeks that contain a national holiday. On weeks when there is a national holiday the trash will then be picked up on Saturday for that week only.
Links to Additional Informational Web Pages