2193 Frank Road, Columbus, Ohio 43223 Phone: 279-9411
Hours: Monday through Friday - 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (*Except Holidays)
Franklin Township is located in the southwestern portion of Franklin County, Ohio.
Boundaries are 270 on the West & South, Trabue Rd. on the North, & Harmon Avenue on the East.
Township Population: 9,651 Sq. Miles: 8.18
Welcome to the new Franklin Township Web Page. Use the menu buttons at the left to access the township departments and informational pages. This page will be updated with the most recent new announcements and article release notes, so visit often.
(Many of the brochures and articles on this web site require a PDF reader. To get the latest free Adobe Reader Click Here.)
The Franklin Township Regular Business Meeting is normally held twice a month on Thursday’s starting at 6:30 P.M. View the events calendar to see specific dates for these meetings, and any scheduled special meetings. To see the most current available agenda click on this link.
Sanitary Sewer Updates: Click Here to view updates page.
Recent Announcements & Releases:
· Scam Alert: The Trustees are getting reports from friends and neighbors that suppliers are entering our neighborhoods representing themselves as being part of the community aggregation program or having some association with the program. Please contact Trebel to report any door to door salesman or phone calls representing themselves by referencing the aggregation, or letters Trebel has sent to you in the mail recently. Trebel can be reached at 877-861-2772.
· 2014 Spring Hydrant Flushing: The Franklin Township Fire Department will be flushing hydrants in the Township and Valleyview starting April 28th through May 22nd. Flushing will be done Monday through Thursday for 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
· Gantz Road Closure Notice: Starting Wednesday April 16, 2014 a section of Gantz Road, between Frank Road and Barron Blvd., will be closed to traffic for reconstruction of the road and to create turn lanes into the new school. The road is scheduled to reopen in mid-July barring any weather delays.
· Aggregation Programs On May 2014 Ballot: Township Board of Trustees approved two resolutions for the natural gas and electricity aggregation programs to be put back on the ballot for residents to vote on in the May 6, 2014 elections. By voting FOR electric and natural gas aggregation, you will allow your locally elected officials to purchase electric and natural gas generation at a discounted rate for your community and thus save you money. For more information about the resolutions click on the links below.
· Franklin County Zoning Resolution – Section 531: Section 531 provides the requirements/ restrictions for Off-Street Parking, Loading, and Access Drives as set forth by the Franklin County Planning Commission. A complete PDF copy of Section 531 of the Franklin County Zoning Resolution is provided using the link below. Please direct any questions about Section 531, or the Franklin County Zoning Resolution, to
Paul B. Eberts; Franklin County Zoning Officer; (614) 525-5627
· Support the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio: Go to the Bulletin Board to read this article.
· Juanita Kaufman Award Nomination Form: Click the link below to access a PDF version of the nomination form. You can print the form, and then send the completed nomination form to the Franklin Township Business Office. Use the form below to make nominations for the 2014 award.
· Stay Alive! Don’t TXT & Drive: On August 31, 2012 it became law in Ohio that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to use any mobile communications device while driving. Texting and using mobile communications devices have become a deadly epidemic of distracted driving that is leading to deadly, preventable accidents. Use the links below for more important information.
· Updates on Building Plans for Southwestern City Schools: For full details and the latest information on the OSFC Project for Southwestern City Schools please visit their web site using the link below.
· Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District: The Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District has provided the township helpful tips and information on upcoming events. Go to the Road Department page to access the link to the information.
· Lighting District Process: See the Bulletin Board for information and forms required to petition for street lighting.
· NOTICE Trash Pickup: Local Waste picks up trash in Franklin Township on Fridays except for weeks that contain a national holiday. On weeks when there is a national holiday the trash will then be picked up on Saturday for that week only.
Links to Additional Informational Web Pages