2193 Frank Road, Columbus, Ohio 43223 Phone: 279-9411
Hours: Monday through Friday - 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (*Except Holidays)
Franklin Township is located in the southwestern portion of Franklin County, Ohio.
Boundaries are 270 on the West & South, Trabue Rd. on the North, & Harmon Avenue on the East.
Township Population: 9,651 Sq. Miles: 8.18
Welcome to the new Franklin Township Web Page. Use the menu buttons at the left to access the township departments and informational pages. This page will be updated with the most recent new announcements and article release notes, so visit often.
(Many of the brochures and articles on this web site require a PDF reader. To get the latest free Adobe Reader Click Here.)
The Franklin Township Regular Business Meeting is normally held twice a month on Thursday’s starting at 6:30 P.M. View the events calendar to see specific dates for these meetings, and any scheduled special meetings. To see the most current available agenda click on this link.
Recent Announcements & Releases:
· 2013 Spring Hydrant Flushing: The Franklin Township Fire Department will be flushing hydrants in the Township and Valleyview starting April 15 through May 16. Flushing will be done Monday through Thursday, 8AM-3PM.
· Construction Resumes on Brown Road East Sanitary Project: Please click on the link below to view a news release from the Department of Sanitary Engineering on the resumption of the Brown Road East Sanitary project.
· Juanita Kaufman Award Nomination Form: Click the link below to access a PDF version of the nomination form. You can print the form, and then send the completed nomination form to the Franklin Township Business Office. All nomination forms must be received by July 1, 2013.
· Smoke Detector Initiative Program: The Franklin Township Firefighters have initiated a new program to perform fire inspections and installation of smoke detectors in your home at no cost to Franklin Township residents. Click the link below for more information.
· 2013 Child Immunization Schedule: Franklin County Public Health has released the 2013 Child Immunization Schedule. Appointments are required. Click on the link below to view the schedule and locations.
· State Fire Marshal Warns of Increased Fire Risks: State Fire Marshal Larry Flowers released an article regarding increased home fire risks as the weather turns colder. To read the full article on fire safety tips and information please click on the link below.
· Stay Alive! Don’t TXT & Drive: On August 31, 2012 it became law in Ohio that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to use any mobile communications device while driving. Texting and using mobile communications devices have become a deadly epidemic of distracted driving that is leading to deadly, preventable accidents. Use the links below for more important information.
· Updates on Building Plans for Southwestern City Schools: For full details and the latest information on the OSFC Project for Southwestern City Schools please visit their web site using the link below.
· Central Sewer Update: Residents of North Hague Avenue - as you may know, your area was defined as one of eight areas in Franklin Township that were considered "blighted" for the purposes of illicit discharge of sewage. This designation has required the County to seek grants to find money to perform the Central Sewer work. We are in the process of wrapping up the Brown Road East project and the Mon-e-bak project. Our Eureka Park area is slated to be completed in fall of 2012/spring of 2013. This will leave Hague Avenue as the last remaining project of the initial list. Steve Renner, our County Sanitary Engineer, is hoping to have engineering work complete on this project in 2015, but at this time, there is no funding available to do the work. Also understand that there will be other areas in our Township that will be considered for Central Sewer at a later date once all reports being created by Public Health have been gathered and the areas ranked. Steve Renner stated that the easiest way to get your questions answered is to follow his departmental website at: http://www.franklincountyohio.gov/commissioners/seng/water_quality_projects.cfm
· Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District: The Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District has provided the township helpful tips and information on upcoming events. Go to the Road Department page to access the link to the information.
· Lighting District Process: See the Bulletin Board for information and forms required to petition for street lighting.
· NOTICE Trash Pickup: Local Waste picks up trash in Franklin Township on Fridays except for weeks that contain a national holiday. On weeks when there is a national holiday the trash will then be picked up on Saturday for that week only.
Links to Additional Informational Web Pages